POSITION - BARISTA
We’re looking for baristas to make a full range of authentic Illy espresso drinks and who can make our cafe sing. In the few months we have been open we have made a mark on our Georgetown neighborhood with our excellent coffees, but our devoted following has resulted even more from the personal connection between our baristas and our customers.
We seek experienced baristas with a desire to build relationships and deliver outstanding customer experiences. You will be working with a team of devoted foodies who manage our fresh, sustainably raised, local butcher counter, a world class cheese counter, our specialty imported Italian wine cellar and a kitchen staff that cranks out mouth watering dishes daily for our breakfast, lunch and happy hour service and who has a passion for teaching cooking classes and creating unique special events.
Past experience is helpful but we are also looking for the right fit – we want candidates that are passionate about coffee, about flavors and about sharing their passion with others and who enjoy working in a true team/community environment.
As a Via Umbria barista you will:
- Deliver outstanding hospitality to our customers
- Prepare and serve outstanding Illy coffee drinks to our customers
- Work with team members to keep the entire cafe operation running smoothly
- We are looking for candidates who are:
- Passionate about coffee, food and creating hospitality experiences for diverse groups of customers
- Inspired by dynamic work environments and who love working as a member of a team
- Flexible and quick thinkers
- Reliable and consistent. Your manager and teammates can always depend on you to be punctual, looking sharp in accordance with our dress code, and bringing your A-game.
This position is paid hourly. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org